CBD Recipes: How to make your own CBD Lotion.
The CBD Salve we created is pretty amazing! If you try it, we think you’ll agree. In spite of our effort to bring you a great topical CBD product, we have some customers who would like to make their own. Whether it’s the result of an allergy, or an aversion or preference for a specific ingredient; we support your choices. As a result, we’ve created this recipe for a simple CBD lotion.
In an effort to stay natural, we have omitted a preservative in this recipe. As a result, the shelf life is quite short. We recommend storing in a cool, dry, and dark place when not in use; or even refrigerating. Please keep that in mind when deciding how much CBD Oil you want to add to the recipe, that way you don’t end up having to throw any CBD away. Be sure to begin with sanitized equipment to prevent bacteria and mold growth in your lotion, no one needs that in their life!
CBD Lotion Ingredients:
- Lynx CBD Oil (see FAQ’s about How much CBD is in each tincture?)
- 3/8 cup of oil (Almond or Jojoba)
- 1.5 Tbsp Butter (Cocoa or Shea)
- 0.5 Tbsp Aloe Vera
- 2 Tsp Beeswax (Diced)
- 0.5 cup of Distilled Water
- In a small double boiler combine your oil of choice with your butter of choice, then add the beeswax.
- Add water to the bottom of the double boiler and heat over medium heat. Keep an eye on the mixture and be sure to stir regularly until the mixture is melted and has an even consistency.
- Once mixed, remove from heat and let the mixture cool until room temperature. This can take a while, but be sure to monitor closely so it does not harden.
- Once cooled, add aloe and use an immersion blender to gently blend the mixture for a few seconds.
- Next, very slowly add the distilled water as you blend in an up-down motion. Monitor the consistency of the lotion as you add water, adding more if it is too thick.
- Once you’ve reached your desired consistency add your favorite CBD Oil and continue blending for 30-45 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Immediately transfer the CBD lotion to a bottle or jar and store in a cool, dry, dark place; or in the fridge.
- Let your CBD lotion marry for 12+ hours, then enjoy your handy work!
Due to certain restrictions, Lynx CBD cannot provide medical or dosage suggestions. Personal preference, need, and tolerance should help you determine how much CBD oil to use in your lotion. Most Cannabidiol users experience the effects in different ways, so you should experiment with your tolerance before making any Lynx CBD recipes.