CBD Recipes: Italian Cream Soda
If CBD helps with relaxation, then it might be the perfect summertime treat. As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer; BBQ’s get fired up and hammocks get stretched between trees. It’s the perfect time of year to wind down and disconnect from the stresses of the daily grind. What better way to relax than with one of our favorite summertime CBD recipes, Italian Cream Soda?
CBD Oil can be an acquired taste. It is has an aromatic, earthy flavor profile, and may have a distinct cannabis smell. CBD Isolate Powders, on the other hand, are mostly flavorless. However, since powders are most commonly smoked they can be a turnoff to potential users who want to be discreet in their CBD use. This is where a great CBD recipe, like Italian cream soda, can save the day.
Italian cream soda is a refreshing carbonated soft drink with a splash of cream and hint of your favorite flavors. The flexibility of flavoring makes it the perfect mask for CBD Oil and an easy mixer for CBD powders. Let’s check out our favorite CBD cream soda recipe:
Raspberry CBD cream soda
Raspberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar (or to taste)
- 1 ½ cups of raspberries (halved)
CBD Italian Cream Soda
- 2-4 tbsp. Simple Syrup
- 8-12oz. Club Soda
- Crushed ice
- 2-4 tbsp. Half-and-Half
- Full Spectrum CBD Tincture or CBD Isolate Powder
- Mint leaves for garnish
Simple Syrup Directions:
- Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add the raspberries and bring to a boil, maintaining heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Strain through sieve or mesh colander into desired bottle.
- Refrigerate until cold, for up to 1 week.
Now that the syrup is ready, it’s time for a relaxing CBD soft drink.
Cream Soda Directions:
- Add simple syrup to your favorite pint glass.
- Add crushed ice.
- Add your desired dose of Lynx CBD Tincture or Isolate Powder.
- Pour club soda over the ice, making sure to leave room for cream.
- Add a splash of half-and-half.
- Stir gently. Be careful, the carbonation can cause foaming.
- Garnish with extra raspberries or mint, if you’re feeling fancy.
- Kick back by the pool, in a hammock, or on the dock and relax the day away.
With one CBD Italian cream soda recipe in your repertoire, it’s time to use your imagination and culinary prowess. Consider some staple flavors like vanilla or strawberry, but don’t stop there. How about a mandarin key-lime CBD soda, or banana caramel? Tag your CBD Italian cream soda recipes on Instagram @LynxCBD for a chance to have your recipes features on our site.